Wednesday, June 16, 2010

WEEK 3

This is our typical Saturday now. Bruce and I eat something for breakfast, like a smoothie-shake, then head over to the gym.
While I take a class, (this one is Zumba) Bruce walks the treadmill and elyptical machines.
Then we head upstairs to go through the weight-lifting machines. After showing me what the personal trainer taught Bruce, I can pretty much do it on my own.
It's pretty fun, but not that easy. That Zumba class is probably too much for this old lady and I may just stick with yoga and step classes. It wiped me out the rest of Saturday!
My muscles aren't too sore anymore, but they need to be a little bit to know it's helping.
I really like what we're doing and so thankful we're finally doing it. Through the week days Bruce and I make sure we either go to the gym or do something else every day, even if it's by ourselves. Our schedules don't always jive together, but we can do it on our own fine too. We are both feeling better but have only scratched the surface.
Our Relief Society had a salad and dessert get together at the Stone Hollow pavillion yesterday and, sorry, but I did have a yummy cupcake! Also had a low-fat creamy and an ice-cream sandwich for our Monday FHE group. It's gonna happen, like I said before, but it will be alright.

1 comment:

Shila said...

You guys are amazing! Jeri, you look like a cheerleader taking that class. Go, Fight, Win!