Thursday, July 1, 2010

WEEK 6 - June is gone!

Where did June go,...huh? I want summertime to stay longer! It's fun just to sit outside and visit or look at the plants and blue sky. Last weekend, Diane, Dallon, and Sophie came for a visit. They helped us make some delicious stir fry with fried tofu. It was really good. Sophie was so happy and can go potty very well now.
Grandpa, Bruce, made her a Holly-Hock dollie and she had fun with the chalk and bubbles.
We love having you over! Do it more often, ok?
We're keeping in touch with Sarah by internet and she has arrived in Krasniarsk (sp), Russia for her study abroad. She is staying with a nice family that lives in a really nice home. She can walk to where her classes will be.
These are our Holly-Hocks. They look so pretty in bloom with the different colors showing up.
We planted strawberries in the tiers and should get a better crop by next year to make some strawjeri bam.
We're eating salads from our own lettuce Bruce planted in boxes. Tastes fresh and yummy!
Well, today is the 1st of July and we are both encouraged by our health quest. We decided that slow and steady is the best way to do it, so the pounds are coming off pretty slowly, but that way they should stay off. Since I only have to go into my job about five times this month, I'll have more time to work in our gardens and go to the gym. I don't think I'm jiggling as much as I was. I really do like the weight machines Bruce showed me how to use and I like our walks. Below is the walkway from our front door. I trimmed it up this morning. The daisies have just started blooming! I should be hearing back soon about the lab work I did to check my thyroid. I am scheduled on July 7th for an ultra sound to measure how big it has gotten. I just want everything working like it should.
Well, on Sunday is Independence Day, so I want to wish everyone a HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! We haven't made any big plans, but we are looking forward to our trip to Washington and Florida in less than 2 weeks!
Grandbaby #7 (Lee and Karyn's son) will be born in just about a month and grandbaby #8 (Spencer and Jane's daughter) is due the middle of October. We are very excited for both and wish them all well in the weeks to come.
We love you all, Jeri

4 comments:

Shila said...

Hey there are you comming up here to WA?

Bruce and Jeri said...

Bruce and I will drive to WA next Sunday morning and stay with Spencer and Jane until Wednesday when we will stay at Lee and Karyn's overnight and fly out to Florida with Zach and Emily for the Garrard reunion. Come see us if you can. Jeri

Susan Earl said...

Jeri I'm concerned about your thyroid growing, what did the doctor say? Doug has the same thing and we've had some tests done. We're just waiting to see if it keeps growing to do anything.

Bruce and Jeri said...

Susan, I won't find out all the test results until we come back from the reunion. I'll show you my goitery throat. I'm sure everything will be fine eventually. Thanks for your concern.